Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day

Today, students started to learn all about Earth Day.  We read The Earth and I and then wrote letters to Mother Earth.  I was so pleased with their writing I had to share a few with you!!

(Left: Thank you for summer! I like your sun.  What is it like to be the earth?  You look beautiful.  I promise to keep you clean.  From, Ava.  Right: Thank you for making trees because I like to climb trees.  I promise I would clean up.  From, Tyler)

This afternoon we read one of my favorite stories Michael Recycle.  It is all about a young boy who is a superhero and helps save a dirty town!  The students got VERY into the story.  We then made superhero bracelets to show everyone our own Earth Saving Powers!! It was the start to a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment