Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Gingerbread Unit

I hope everyone is having a relaxing break!  Tomorrow I will be off to visit family in Columbus, OH and Pittsburgh, PA.  

I wanted to share some pictures of the students during our Gingerbread Unit.  Students seems to really enjoy and connect with this unit.  We had so much fun reading different versions of stories, acting out the story, singing songs about the Gingerbread Man, counting cookies, making gingerbread houses, and decorating gingerbread cookies! The last day of our unit, my mom was able to come in and spend the afternoon in Kindergarten.  The students were very interested and confused as they asked, "Miss Gilbert, you're a grown up.  You have a mom??"  My mom, Mrs. Gilbert, read the students a Gingerbread story, answered many questions, and helped us decorate gingerbread cookies.  The students were sad to see her go, but I'm sure she'd be more than willing to come back! :) 

Take a look at some pictures from our unit! 


Working on our Gingerbread houses...


Mrs. Gilbert reading Gingerbread Friends By Jan Brett

Decorating our Gingerbread Cookies







The whole silly bunch! 


No comments:

Post a Comment